Follow the progress through our multi-year campaign to create an arts center in the heart of downtown Southport.
Save the Hall, Y'all!
As part of its third Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Southport, Up Your Arts has an agreement with local officials to advance the project to pre-construction by taking the following next steps:
- Conduct community-based presentations to inform the public and solicit ongoing feedback
- Lead an executive committee comprised of professional experts to direct activities pro bono
- Share and discuss outcomes with municipal leaders
- Manage a local volunteer membership group to plan future programming
- Foster community-based efforts to connect and develop a range of fundraising sources
for the building’s reconstruction
- Fund professional architectural services necessary to solicit contractor bids
- Establish a cross-section of local stakeholders to form a non-profit board of directors
as the legal agency to oversee and direct funding for the reconstruction and to enter
into a leasing agreement with the City of Southport to operate and maintain the
property as a community arts center
Up Your Arts is committed to both transparency and accountability in our partnership with the City of Southport and our various community partners. The offers of help we have received, from pro bono hands-on activity to financial support, point to a very successful project outcome.